1. What kinds of products do you build?
We design and build decks, screened porches, sunrooms, gazebos, pergolas, arbors, privacy fences or screens, docks, pool & spa decks, walkways, ramps and other outdoor structures.
2. How many designs do I have to choose from?
All of our work is customized for each individual customer, so our designs reflect your functional, aesthetic and budgetary needs and desires.
3. Do you sell your designs or plans, so I can build it myself?
No, all of our work is custom designed, so we don’t sell our plans.
4. What kinds of wood do you use?
We don’t limit our material choices to any specific type. We use treated wood, cedar, and low-maintenance composite Trex and PVC Azek Deck and Trex Escapes
5. Do you have a written contract that I will sign?
6. What type of warranty do you offer?
Our warranty provides you with protection against defects in materials and workmanship for 24 months; defects in structural fitness for 60 months; and passes through all manufacturer warranties
7. When are your busiest times of the year?
We are typically busiest during the spring into early summer (March – July), and again in September.
8. Do you have service my area?
Hopefully, we do. Most of our work is the Southeastern Michigan, Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw and Livingston counties. We have built decks and additions in Northern Michigan and the U.P.
9. Can I get an estimate before I decide to hire Bright Building?
Yes, we are happy to provide you with a free design consultation in most cases. Simply call the Bright Building or send us an email.
10. What do you charge per square foot?
Since our projects are custom designed and built, square footage pricing is meaningless. There are so many variables that affect the final price (height off the ground, site conditions, material choices, local code requirements, complexity of design, etc.) that a simple square footage price would be misleading. However, we will be happy to provide you with a free design consultation and an exact price.
11. Are you insured?
Yes, we carry general liability insurance, and our crews are covered by worker’s compensation insurance.
12. Is it necessary to get a building permit?
Where required by local code, the answer is yes, for three reasons:
- It’s the law
- It’s one of the ways we protect you
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies will not protect you if an injury occurs on a structure that does not have a permit.
13. How soon can my project be built?
The time frame varies, depending on the season and the backlog. It also depends on the size and complexity of your project, as well as the weather.